Pamela Tully battles inner voices in her hypnotic electro-pop rock anthem "Paranoid"

Pamela Tully Paranoid
Pamela Tully
A brain tumour diagnosis in the middle of the pandemic with a possibility of having speech complications as a result of brain surgery led to taking chances and realizing dreams. Pamela Tully is a Pop/Rock singer songwriter from Kilnamanagh in Dublin, who has finally decided that now is the time to bring her music to life.

She shares: "My genre of music is inspired by PopRock, think Lady Gaga meets Pink. Also Kelly Clarkson, Anastacia and Becky Hill influence me a lot, among many others. Since releasing my first single in 2022 I've been exploring my songwriting ability, getting more creative pushing the boundaries with this new single Paranoid. To date my music has been recognised and supported right here in Ireland by Irish radio; The Shift on WLR, KCLR, Dublin South FM, Dublin City FM, Tipp FM, Loughrea Radio, reviewed and featured by Hotpress, Newstalk's Alive and Kicking with Clare McKenna , IMRO, Music Times, Rising Artists Blog, and added to playlists across the globe by Banks Radio Australia, Radio WigWam and many more. I am an advocate for brain tumour awareness and the need for continual research working with Brain Tumour Ireland for the past 2 years on their Brain Tumour Awareness week. In 2022 I had the honour of being asked to sing at the Irish Cancer Society's Living well with and Beyond conference alongside Dr Eddie Murphy and Adapted Adventurer Nikki Bradley, you can watch the video here!”

Pamela Tully totally succeeded in creating a sound that matches the message she wants to convey. The infectious rhythm of her new single "Paranoid" will be stuck in your head for days, exactly like the hypnotic voices she battles in the song. The haunting vocals and repetitive chorus, representing the fall into inner thoughts and paranoids, are the trademark of this track, while the powerful sound still shows the willing to fight them and win. This energetic electro-pop song will pump the vibe of your day up for sure, enjoy it!

To create "Paranoid", Pamela has been hard at work in the studio honing a braver, rock dance sound. The track was recorded with Stuart Gray at Jealoustown studios. "This song is all about battling with your inner demons and letting those voices inside your head take control. Imagine being out on a night out and not feeling comfortable in your own skin but the music is there to try to bring you back and let it all go. The song is inspired by my own thoughts really. I, like a lot of people, struggle with overthinking especially given my previous brain tumour diagnosis back in 2020. I'm constantly replaying conversations, ideas, and past memories over and over in my head which can at times make you paranoid and questioning reality. The lyrics and melody were created in just 2 days as I couldn't get it out of my head lying in bed one night".

She adds: "I really wanted to create something that had a dance rhythm, hypnotic chorus and a blend of rock woven in. I could imagine myself out on a night out, having some drinks, dancing and then suddenly being paranoid about my appearance, who is around me and what I'm doing. I want people to listen to it, relate and try to let the music take over. Fans of Becky Hill, Lady Gaga, Pink, and Sia will all resonate with this song-  bad ass lyrics with a "I can't get that song out of my head" kinda vibe".

Pamela Tully Paranoid
Pamela Tully

Instagram: @tullypamela

Facebook: @pamtmusic

Spotify: Pamela Tully

Liked this article? Follow the journey of Laura Meets Musicians on Instagram and YouTube.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto