Izzy Potter releases provocative breakup single "trash talk!"

Izzy Potter trash talk!
Izzy Potter

Izzy Potter is a singer/songwriter currently based in Nashville, TN with roots in New York. She is an independent artist with universally relatable, poignant, and often personal lyrics. Her first self released EP "Place Called Home" has her most requested high energy single "Juniper" to play live. Izzy’s lyrics have depth and insight that is both playful and intriguing, and has been remarked as "spot on" for such a young talent. Her storytelling is invoked with the spirit of acoustic pop/folk style sounds. Her storytelling style is often compared to artists like Taylor Swift, Julia Michaels, Noah Kahn, Fleetwood Mac, and Phoebe Bridgers. She has been songwriting since she was 12 years old and was recognized by NSAI songwriting evaluators as "One to Watch". Izzy is currently studying songwriting at Belmont University, and is excited to continue her love of performing and writing. No doubt her drive, devotion, and passion for writing will destine her for success.

After a year of traveling door to door at various bars and coffee shop gigs in New York, Potter is ready to continue to the next level of her artistry. From local gigs to playing iconic venues such as New York's Bowery Ballroom and Arlenes Grocery, to Nashvilles The End, "trash talk!" acts as the beginning of Potters new wave of indie pop releases in 2023. It's only going up from here.

Izzy Potter provides a high energy single infused with the spirit of indie pop/folk melodies. The track titled "trash talk!" tells the story of a breakup, how sometimes it's easier to fake fine than face the truth. Set over live tracked high energy drums and electric guitars, "trash talk!" delivers a carchy performance that makes listeners want to get up and dance. Like many of Potter's songs, the lyrics possess a storytelling stule, poignant and honest - told over lively danceable instrumentation.

Izzy shares: "trash talk!" is about a breakup where you wish you could speak ill on the person, maybe aknowledging the "bad" parts about the relationship will help you get over them faster... but you know thats not true because that person was so good and so important. It's a story of heart break, but it's also fun. I wanted to take the pain of such a tough experience and make it something people can relate to, but also enjoy". Izzy absolutely succeeded in this - although this is a breakup tune, it has the power to put me in a good mood. She demonstrates a talent in voice control and her particular tone fits perfectly in the pop vibe of the song. Furthermore, the lyrics brutally unveils the revenge thoughts we all experience after a breakup, when we can't admit we actually... were in love. Ouch, we feel that.

"trash talk!"

If I say enough shit about your family

Convince myself that I never really needed you to be happy

Well maybe that might be a better way of coping with the truth

I know it’s immature, You can call me a child

If our friends ask around I’ll say

"We were never in love, It’s for the better" cause..

I heard that you’re saying the same

So I’ll trash talk your name all over town

I’ll say anything when you’re not around

Do what I have to do

Anything to convince myself I’m not in love with you

I’ll say "It was never gonna last, I could feel it from the start

You never had my heart"

But deep down I’m screwed, I know it’s not true

So I’ll trash talk your name until I’m getting over you

Izzy Potter trash talk!
Izzy Potter

Instagram: @izzypottermusic

Music: Izzy Potter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto