EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: Listen to Petra Jasmiina's new single "Jackie O Lake" before the release!

Petra Jasmiina’s upcoming single "Jackie O Lake" (out May 5th 2023) brings us bittersweet nostalgia with cinematic pop scores and a dash of Nordic sisu. Laura Meets Musicians has the honor to exclusively premiere the dreamy new single 48 hours before the release! Listen to it below and if you like the song and want to make sure you find it on release day, please pre-save/pre-order it here: https://ffm.to/petrajasmiina.


Petra Jasmiina Jackie O'Lake
Photo Credit: Aleksei Postnikov / Petrafied Productions

Petra Jasmiina, the Finnish singer-songwriter and producer based in New York City, is known for her vivid musical storytelling and her signature blend of catchy pop and cinematic drama. Her upcoming single, "Jackie O Lake" offers a glimpse into the artist’s first days in New York and reflects the conflicting experiences of a brand new expat - from hopelessness to grit, excitement to defeat, and foreignness to belonging. The self-produced alt-pop anthem, inspired by the ballads of Lana Del Rey, London Grammar and Adele, combines electronic pop with live classical instruments and takes us back in time to a moment of serenity amidst chaos - the untethered conviction of a young dreamer right after leaving everything behind to move across the Atlantic.

Petra shares: "This song is the beginning of not only my story in New York, but also my story as a musician. It was written at a moment when my brave leap to follow a dream seemed to have ruined my life. Just like the beautiful place it was written in, this song is a glimmer of hope and peace amongst chaos. It has carried me through my worst times in New York, and I hope its simple, explicit message, "Just wait, it will get better" can now carry others, too".

We already loved Petra's 2022 single "Naïve", which music video has been a widely praised urban fairytale that gained great international success and accolades, and I'm sure "Jackie O Lake" is going to conquer many hearts with its dreamy vocals, ethereal violin and perfectly written lyrics. Petra's songwriting talent never ceases to amaze - the emotional choice of words and pauses, united with evocative ryhmes, will bring you to the shores of Jackie O Lake, in Central Park in New York, daydreaming with her and hoping for a better future.

"Jackie O Lake", featuring violinist Scott Tran, was recorded and produced by the artist herself, and mastered by Craig Levy of Little Pioneer Cider House in New York. An official video by Petrafied Productions and Aleksei Postnikov, the duo behind "Naïve", is also underway.

Petra Jasmiina Jackie O'Lake
Photo Credit: Aleksei Postnikov / Petrafied Productions

KNOW MORE ABOUT PETRA:

Petra Jasmiina Haapamäki, born in Helsinki, Finland, is a singer-songwriter based in New York City. She started writing songs when she was only nine years old. Thanks to a musical family, piano lessons, modern dance and singing, music had been a part of her life ever since she could remember.

Can you talk about the role that the music has in your life and its importance in conveying your feelings and emotions? When did you start seeing yourself as a musician?

"Music has always been my way of understanding myself and the world, almost like a mirror. It's as natural as breathing, and I've always done it in one form or another, so it took me a long time to understand that I could make it into something more than a personal hobby or my "therapy". I started songwriting when I was 9 but decided to pursue a career in music when I was 25. So I took my time!"

Can you tell us one word to describe yourself as a person and one to describe yourself as a musician? 

"As a person, I'm a dreamer. As a musician, I'm a storyteller"

You are originally from Finland! In how many countries did you live and when did you move to New York? What does this city mean for you?

"Yes I am! After leaving Finland I lived in Spain, Canary Islands, Greece, Turkey and Thailand and moved to New York in 2015. This city is where I started my musical journey, and in many ways a journey to myself. I feel like all the places I lived in have contributed to who I am today, but New York has certainly had the strongest effect. It's kinda funny that I came to the hardest city on Earth to grow into a very dreamy, naive, sensitive person. I used to be much edgier before. New York made me tough, but it made me soft, too. I love it".

Petra Jasmiina Jackie O'Lake
Photo Credit: Aleksei Postnikov / Petrafied Productions

Instagram: @petrajasmiina

Linktree: Petra Jasmiina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto