International Indie Music: my favorite February 2022 releases

Enjoy my favorite picks from Indie Music world released in February 2022, in chronological order!

"RADIO" - Bound by Substance (feat. Jessie Wagner) - NYC, Usa (released as single in February)

They say: "Radio is simply a story about falling in love with a black woman singing on the radio". Jessie Wagner gift with her beautiful voice this very cool tune, that makes everybody dance!

Instagram: @boundbysubstance @jessie_wagner

"STICK AROUND" - Gina Naomi Baez - NYC, Usa (released Feb 2th)

Gina says: "Stick Around explores the feeling of being undeserving of love, care and attention. It asks the question how someone could choose to stick around for another, even through the toughest and worst times. Showing your truth is such a vulnerable state and when you find someone who embraces you at your best and lowest…well…that is rare and something you should protect at all costs".

Instagram: @ginanaomibaez

"LAST CALL AT THE BAR" - Adam Johnson & Andrea An - Canada (released Feb 4th)

Adam Johnson says: "'Last Call At The Bar' is my follow-up single to my debut 'Come On Let’s Go'. "Last Call" is a Country pop song similar to Sam Hunt or 'Thinkin Bout You' by Dustin Lynch and Mckenzie Porter. My first release was rooted in rock music, so I wanted to do something different with my second single. I listened to a lot of top 40 pop music at the time, and Taylor Swift's '1989' era music and modern pop like Billie Eilish became huge inspirations for my new track. In addition, I had the good fortune to team up with the talented Andrea An for a duet. Her background in Country, as well as pop and R&B, fit the duet perfectly. "Last Call" is a love song about two people destined for each other".

Instagram: @adam.johnsonmusic @andreaanmusic

"LIKE A SEASON" - Morningside Lane - NJ, Usa (released Feb 11th)

The band says: "We feel this is our strongest release to date. It’s part of our second album that will be completed by this year!". My personal opinion is that this song is absolutely an earworm I can't stop listening to! Check out this awesome 80s pop/synth sound band from Palisades Park because I feel that they're cooking up some great new music for the spring!

Instagram: @morningsidelane_

"NOT THE END" - Vic Roz, Addy Ace, Jake Lindholm - Sweden (released Feb 18th)

”Not the End” is written by Vic Roz, Addy Ace and Jake Lindholm. The vibe of the song is a mix of chill - and tropical house with country vocals and a gospel chorus. Sounds interesting? Listen for yourself! đŸ€ 

Instagram: @vicrozmusic @addyaceofficial @jake.lindholm

"VACATION" - Eli Lev - Washington, Usa (released Feb 25th)

Eli is a very interesting songwriter I discovered this month, stay tuned because you're going to hear more about him in the next few months! About this song, he says: "It was the middle of the pandemic and I wanted to go on vacation so bad, but I was broke and the world shut down - so wrote a song about it instead. Every time I would look at my partner in all the things as we were locked up in quarantine, I would imagine us in a tropical paradise just lounging in the sun. I picked up my guitar and started signing this song to her - and that’s how the song Vacation came to be!".

Instagram: @elilevmusic

"DAYDREAMING" - Tonie - NYC, Usa (released Feb 25th)

Tonie says: "So much has happened in the past few months: new name, new songs, new way of being an artist. The thing I took away from all this reflection is that I want to feel closer to you. This next song is about my struggles with depression and maintaining relationships. It’s some of the most vulnerable songwriting I’ve ever done and I can’t wait to share it". Don’t be fooled by the pop-rock and upbeat tempo for a joyful message, the song explores the delicate balance between maintaining relationships and living up to their career aspirations – where time is ever-fleeting and wasted potential is abundant.

Instagram: @tonie.wav


"PORCELAIN" - Jeff Petescia - NYC, Usa (released Feb 25th)

Jeff says: "I hope you find this track peaceful and enjoyable- the original song by Moby brings me back to the early 2000’s, specifically to a green house near a beach in Rhode Island where my brother Chris Petescia would burn incense and listen to the Pure Moods compilation records. “Porcelain” in particular would always be on repeat, and continues to be on repeat for me 22 years later. My brother was also kind enough to lend his talents and create the awesome image you see above that captures this nostalgia visually".

Instagram: @jeff.petescia

I hope you enjoyed all these beautiful releases as much as I did, I'm very curious to discover my favorites of March!!

Follow me: @laurameetsmusicians

Join my mailing list by sending me a DM/e-mail to stay updated monthly on my latest posts!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto