Ron Daniel releases Country/Americana album "Country Made For Kings"

Ron Daniel Country Made for Kings
Ron Daniel

Ron Daniel is a son of Athens, Georgia.  He first picked up the acoustic guitar in college and was mostly self taught. Ron began writing original songs in 2017 and has since released three albums of original material. His songs live on the border between Americana and Country but sometimes visit Indie Folk. Influences of singer songwriters like James Taylor, Neil Young color his lyrics, while warm vocals and simple acoustic guitar are the bedrock of his compositions. Fiddle and pedal steel round out the sound along with occasional use of drums.

Ron's new album, released in May 2022, is called "Country Made For Kings". Recorded at EMR Recorders in Winston Salem, NC and produced by Doug Williams, this seven track album redefines the space between Country and Americana. Moreover, the pedal steel by DaShawn Hickman is beyond incredible and makes this album more than worth a listen.

Ron shares: "For this album I wanted three things. One, to take more time with the songs after they were written. I wanted the songs to have the chance to grow and breath a little before recording them. The majority of the songs on this album were played live many times before going into the studio. Two, I wanted to work with a professional producer. Having self produced the first two albums I came to realize that I was limited in what I could accomplish by myself. I reached out to Doug Williams, who produced and recorded the first two Avett Brothers albums. He owns EMR Recordings in Winson Salem, NC. I cannot say enough good things about working with Doug. He is a master of his craft and has produced hundreds of amazing albums. And three, I wanted to pay more attention to the small details and overall quality of the mix. Doug and I spent an entire day fine tuning the mix in the studio. This is after weeks of him sending me mixes and tracks to hear and me making suggestions. Overall the album represents the essence of my "sound" and defines the artist I am. I am very proud of this record and hope that others enjoy the songs as well as the incredible interplay of the pedal steel and fiddle".

It's not a secret that country/americana is one of my favorite music genres, so I'm honored and happy to have the opportunity to give my take on this awesome album. The first track, "First time in a long time", will bring you straight in the original country vibe with beautiful guitar harmonies. Then, you'll be caught in the rhythmic sound of  "Old Dominion" - you can hear a reference to the album title here, when he says "Like a king without a country". Speaking of lyrics, I love the irony in the lines of the slow romantic ballad "Yours" ("This song will never pay my rent, but it don't matter to me, as long as I get to be yours eternally"), and the slightly revengeful/cynical tone in "Red Carpet" ("He has everything and more that a man can ask for, but thank God everything and more don't include you"). "Memphis by Morning" and "Two Weeks in Tennessee" shine with their classic country vibes. The last song of the album "Beauty in the Broken" is probably my favorite as it really touches some strings in the hearts. Ron has confirmed me that the song has seemed to really strike a nerve with certain people, so let's enjoy the lyrics!

"Beauty In The Broken"

There’s beauty in the broken, No matter what you think is real 

Though the words are seldom spoken , You are only what you feel

She’s six ways South of Sunday , And still so far away

There’s beauty in the broken, No matter what you say

She often sits and wonders, Was it worth it after all

To be the Queen of Kudzu county, After surviving the fall

She’s past the point of careless, Livin out the bluest blue 

There’s beauty in the broken, No matter what you do

There’s beauty in the broken, No matter what you think is real

Though the words are seldom spoken, You are only what you feel

It’s a terrible story, Set to a beautiful melody 

There’s beauty in the broken, No matter what you see

Ron Daniel Country Made For Kings
Ron Daniel

Instagram: @rondanielmusic

Link: Country Made For Kings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto