Christian Pop Singer Benjamin Salt releases "Wondering"

Benjamin Salt releases Wondering
Benjamin Salt

Christian pop powerhouse Benjamin Salt is a classically-trained singer, songwriter and actor originally from outside Boston, Massachusetts. He performed in musical theater around the Boston and Chicago area before relocating to Nashville in 2021. His previous track "Lost in Chicago Remix" with Gabri V, based off his debut single released in 2020, recently surpassed over 100,000 Spotify streams.

Benjamin Salt is dropping a new single titled "Wondering". The soaring and emotional ballad was written by Salt and produced by the Philadelphia-based pop producer Bhauraw Avhad. A deeply personal song featuring a strong and poignant vocal performance by Salt, sweeping strings and a driving beat, "Wondering" follows Salt’s own journey back to God from the depths of depression, addiction and the social isolation brought on by the pandemic. The song’s moving and inspiring lyrics speak to the existential terror and confusion so many of us have felt over the last few years, and show how a path toward peace and salvation can be found through embracing a power higher than oneself. 

"Wondering" marks Salt’s comeback after a 2-year hiatus and first collaboration with producer Bhauraw Avhad, who has worked with the likes of Jon Pattie, Richard Miller, Laura Zoog, Ahir, among many others. Ready to make a name for himself in the music scene, the singer-songwriter is currently working on an EP set to be released in 2023.

I'm truly impressed by the strength and power that Benjamin shows in his music and lyrics. After the first piano part, "Wondering" features his perfect voice with a crescendo that reaches its peak with harmonies that gave me chills. The meaning of the song is also really powerful, giving hope even in the darkest of the places. Benjamin's path is a beautiful story of coming back to the light, and his choice of using music to witness this is really a gift from God. I can't help but wish him the best blessings for his life and music career! Let's stream "Wondering" now!

Talking about the song, Salt explains: "I started writing "Wondering" at a time when I felt truly hopeless, unable to control either my own life or the chaos happening in the world. For so long I thought I had lost my voice, but the process of writing and recording this song helped me to find it again. "Wondering" documents my journey from a dark place back into the light as I reinvigorated my faith in God and found my purpose in life". He adds: "My music is very personal, and is an expression of what I’ve gone through so far in life. I’m hoping that my music can make someone feel like they’re not alone and give them hope. "Wondering" was written when I decided to give my life to God. I realized how much of my life I’d been wasting away, and wanted to turn it around. I overcome addiction and suicidal thoughts by the grace of God and want to share my story with others".

"Wondering"

It took a lie to cast the spell

Now I’m wondering how I fell

Is it too late to make me well

Or am I wandering down to hell

Can I choose to be, The man you made in me

Am I left to bleed, Unfulfilled destiny

Is my lot to run,

Left wondering what I’ve done

Wasting the hours, Watching the sun

Wondering what I’ve done

Forget the liar inside my head

Why did I listen to what he said

Forged in the fire, And raised from the dead

I can trust in You instead, I will choose to be

The man You want me to be, Or be left to bleed

Unfulfilled destiny, Is my lot to run

Left wondering what I’ve done

Wasting the hours, Watching the sun

Wondering what I’ve done

This is the start, The part where You break in

Here is my heart, I want You to take it

Here is my mind, I know You can change it

Here is my life, I want You to save it

Benjamin Salt releases Wondering
Benjamin Salt

Instagram: @benjamin.salt

Spotify: Benjamin Salt

[Info provided by Moonlight PR]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto