News: Ann King releases "It comes and goes"

Ann King - It comes and goes
Photo Credit: Tim Luyten

ANN KING offers listeners a truly unique blend of pop and R&B. Currently residing in the Netherlands, the incredibly talented singer-songwriter blends cinematic influencers with compelling creative narratives to produce music that showcases personal growth and an unapologetic appreciation for being true to who you are. 

Having first appeared on the music scene in 2015 as ANEMARY, her personal evolution to ANN KING in 2018 welcomes a new attitude and a new name to match it. Having received an ADHD diagnosis, she found herself trying to heal from a burn-out, and found familiar comfort in music. Taking influence from the likes of Adele, Taylor Swift and Avril Lavigne, her true passion for raw honesty and authenticity shines bright. 

Sharing the beauty of living with fans around the world, ANN KING has toured extensively with her band across London and Austria. Garnering the support of major radio stations 3FM and Radio 2 in The Netherlands, she has also played major music festivals like Live I Life Festival, Bevrijdingsfestival and Fringe Festival. As she compels fans with cinematic narratives and a truly unique sound, ANN KING is proving to be one to watch in the coming months.

Off the back of several singles and two successful EP releases, ANN KING is back with her latest single "It comes and goes". I've been enchanted by this song from the first time I heard it - with her heavenly voice, perfectly tuned with the melody, she gracefully let the listener enter in her inner sweet world. Discovering such a shining talent has been a true joy for me and I hope you will be encouraged to check out her whole discography too!

     

Showing underlying themes of personal growth and tales of staying truthful to who you are, "It comes and goes" offers listeners echoing lyrical bliss, graceful guitar rhythms and mellow melodies. Opening lyrics, "It's a tough act to pretend" inspired the origins of the euphonious track, giving listeners a magnificent insight into her diverse musical capability. She shares: "I really wanted the bridge to reflect the childlike wonder with which you look at the world as a kid. The hopefulness of your dreams becoming a reality and ending up with a happy ending. It references two of my favorite childhood movies, Mary Poppins & The Sound of Music, but also my favorite song as a kid, "Somewhere over the rainbow".

"It comes and goes"

It’s a tough act to pretend

I like to say I’ll be better in the end

I’m still keeping it together

But at this moment in time

I’m pretty sure that I’m not fine

It comes and goes everybody knows

Seasons they change with the day

It comes and goes who am I to say

Tomorrow won’t be a brighter day

I’ve been wearing myself thin

Never quite sure where I should begin

When they ask me how I’ve been

Say I’m doing okay

But I’ve heard that the bluebird sings

Somewhere upon a hill

Where the sound of music rings

And the rainbow rises still

I’ve heard the tales a million times

For they change me still

Haven’t found my happy ending yet

But someday I will

It comes and goes everybody knows

Seasons theychange with the day

It comes and goes who am I to say

Tomorrow won’t be a brighter day

Ann King - It comes and goes
Photo Credit: Tim Luyten

Instagram: @annkingofficial

Linktree: Ann King

[Info provided by LPR Agency]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto