International Indie Music: my favorite July-August 2022 releases

Enjoy my favorite picks from Indie Music world released in July/August 2022, in chronological order!

"KHOYA" - SAAZ - India (released on July 1st)

"'KHOYA' talks about the feeling of Getting Lost. Lost in the dark where there is no way and hope. This song is a monologue narrated by that lost soul who is not able to find the direction where to move ahead. I'm pretty sure everyone has gone through such a phase. So he starts requesting Energy in which he has faith. And then suddenly he finds the ray of hope which will guide him. We all have faith and believe in that one thing whom we trust so much. Either it is in a person in, Energy, in God, in Nature or it can be Anything. In which you believe and you share with them everything that's inside you without any hesitation. Because you know that person or soul won't gonna judge you and you just let all your's feelings and emotion out. I hope this song helps you to get out of those dark days of your life".

"FORTUNATELY" - Scott Krokoff - NYC, Usa (released on July 8th)

Scott Krokoff shares: "Fortunately is a love song I wrote for my wife - who radiates everywhere she goes and whom I’m fortunate and lucky to be with. For that reason alone, this release has more meaning behind it and is very special to me. It’s also a bossa nova song - which if you know my stuff is very different from my usual way of writing - and, as you’ll soon hear, the arrangement is reminiscent of the classic bossa sounds from the 60s. In that regard I want to thank Bob Stander for his usual amazing production and musicianship, and to Paul Errico and Shawn Murray for their respective contributions as well. And I can’t thank my friend Laura Meets Musicians enough for this amazing cover art, which ties so perfectly to the song and truly captures the essences of it!!!".

Instagram: @scottkrokoffmusic

"WASTE THE WEEKEND" - Abby Stewart - NYC, Usa (released on July 8th)

Abby shares about the song: "Waste The Weekend is a super fun summer song that I’m so proud of. After it was pitched to me and my producer Jeff Dalziel, we knew we could make it so fun and special and uniquely our own. When you’re with someone you love and the time you spend together is never really wasted!"

Instagram: @abbystewart01

"NO SENSE" - Luciano Santos - Brazil (released on July 15th)

"No Sense was the most fun to record.I remember not being able to stay still while tracking vocals in the studio. "No Sense" means that we will always make decisions that we are going to regret because that's part of human life. We are always evolving and changing and sometimes we don't know what we really want. But the beauty is that we can learn from our mistakes and by learning what we don't want, we can be redirected to pursue the things that we actually do want".

Instagram: @_ludossantos

"TONGUE & CHEEK" - Tommy Newport - Kansas, Usa (released on July 27th)

"Tommy Newport is known for his irresistible falsetto-steeped indie anthems, garnering a substantial buzz with his 2018 debut, Just To Be Ironic, while he was still a teenager. Following the paramount success of 2019's Tommy Gun EP and 2021's Ultra Mango EP and Liquid EP, Newport continues to develop his euphonious sound. His single "Tongue & Cheek" showcases Newport’s symphonic vocal energy and eclectic indie-pop perfection. He explains, "Tongue & Cheek was of course inspired by the phrase "tongue in cheek", but having said it wrong my whole life, I opted to title it Tongue & Cheek. The song is a self ode to not taking life too seriously and understanding how life goes, always having to play it by ear and stay on your toes. It's a nod to the fiery beginnings of a relationship and, lyrically, is a larger than life glorification of meeting someone for the first time...in the hot desert of Amarillo at a fashion show. It's my way of saying life is made up of so many miracles". Withover streaming numbers hitting the millions, Tommy Newport continues to shine with his unique soundscape and musical capabilities. He's got some big moves lined up in the year ahead and is certainly proving to be one to watch!".

Instagram: @tommy.newport

"SEVEN YEAR ITCH" - Chris Corey - Vancouver, Canada (released on August 1st)

"My new single is called 'Seven Year Itch'. It's pretty much influenced by classic rock bands like The Rolling Stones but also has a bit of an American Heartland vibe to it. I wanted to write a catchy rock song with a memorable riff along the lines of Start me up or Brown Sugar. It was a lot of fun to write and record and I hope you'll give it a listen!".

Instagram: @chriscorey_music

"TIL THE OCEAN MEETS THE SHORE" - Karen Harding - Melbourne, Australia (released on August 5th)

"The acoustically based track, produced by the incredible Joshua Hennessy is both a recognition of how far we have come within our lives.. noticing the challenges we have overcome.. and then declaring that we will not give up.. that we will keep moving forward.. Til the ocean meets the shore".

Instagram: @karenhardingmusic

"I CAN'T BREATHE" - Tom Cary - Cornwall, UK (released on August 16th)

"‘I Can’t Breathe’ boasts an extremely cut back and unplugged emotional feeling which is set into place from the very start of the song. The songs’ lyrical content stems from the feelings of falling in love, and the intimate feelings that take your breath away. It also touches on the heartbreak of those feelings being one-sided. The ‘One Take’ wonder - recorded in the same studio as Sam Ryder’s 2022 Eurovision track 'Spaceman' -  showcases the raw emotion that has gone into this song that can undoubtedly be felt by the listener - it promises to be something special and unique!".

Instagram: @tomcary_official

"HOME" - Rob Wolf - Montana, Usa (released on August 19th)

"The meaning of my song “Home” is that even though I want to be back home in Montana, I have to make it in Tennessee. It has a double meaning when I say “make it”. The first meaning is that I have to make Tennessee my new home for now. The second meaning is before I go back to Montana I have to make it in the sense of being on the radio and actually fully making it big time. I think “Home” can touch a lot of hearts because I feel that a lot of people are in the same situation. They have a goal or a dream place they might want to live, it can even be in the same state. But to accomplish that goal they have to achieve the first couple of steps that build up to that goal. Lastly the main message that I want my song to give out is never give up on your dreams. If someone is at there lowest low and feel like giving up on their dream, I hope they can turn to this song and that it gives them a boost of confidence".

Instagram: @rob_wolf_music

"DANCIN' IN MY CAR" - Morningside Lane - NYC, Usa (released on August 19th)

Morningside Lane is a dope indie band from New Jersey I had the pleasure to interview previously this year on my Instagram page. They grew a lot since then, confirming their incredible talent with every song and every show. They share about the song: "Dancing in My Car is song about a summer evening night. Windows down and cruising the night".

Instagram: @morningsidelane_

I hope you enjoyed all these beautiful releases as much as I did, I'm very curious to discover my favorites of September!!

Follow me: @laurameetsmusicians

Join my mailing list by sending me a DM/e-mail to stay updated monthly on my latest posts!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How can music help and inspire a writer, producer and Disney editor? A conversation with David Acuff

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

International Indie Music: my favorite April 2023 releases

German-based artist M. Byrd releases ethereal new single "Only a Feeling"

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"