News: Kelaska releases the indie pop gem "Honey"

Kelaska
Kelaska

Kelaska is a Connecticut based singer- songwriter. After gaining a following of over 30,000 subscribers on her Youtube channel, she began to write and create her own music. Blending dreamy waves of eerie synths with vintage rock guitars, Kelaska has found her own unique sound in the world of indie pop. 

2022 is a busy year for the singer - After "Long Way Home" and "Tightrope" (that I highly engourage you to check out because it will worth it), she's now back to accompany your summer with pop jam "Honey". With influences ranging from Maggie Rogers to Holly Humberstone or even The 1975,"Honey" is about the feeling of sweet revenge that everyone can relate to.

Kelaska sings that time when you hear that your ex is still hung up on you and somehow you feel happy they’re miserable. I love the transition from the calm start to the upbeat rhythm of the chorus, going then to an almost electronic pop sound. This bittersweet pop tune is THE song you’ll be playing on repeat during your whole summer!

Kelaska shares about the single: "I wanted to create something fun and upbeat that still kept a little fierceness in its vibe. The song premise came to me after one of my friends told me my ex was still hung up on me. In the past I’ve written a lot of sad songs about this, but none from the point of view where you’re happy they’re miserable. It’s a funny thing to admit that someone’s misery can taste so sweet, but I think that’s common after you’ve been hurt by someone you love. It can take a long time to get over them when you feel like they’ve moved on while you’re left wallowing alone in sadness. But there is some sort of strange joy in knowing that you actually meant something to them, and it feels even better when you’re the one who’s actually moved on. To sum it up, Honey is about the feeling of sweet revenge".

About the song process, she adds: "Honey came together pretty quickly compared to the other songs Mackenzie Christensen and I have worked on. We listened to a lot of other artists to get the right vibe we wanted and wrote most of the production in one night. I wasn’t really sure what story I wanted to tell until I was driving home. I kept singing random words over the track and kept coming back to "Can you feel me when you touch her" in the Post Chorus. It just felt like it fit really well with the groove, so I continued to roll with that story. I finished most of it before I got home, then picked up an acoustic to hash out the rest until it was pretty solid. After that we continued to polish it up, find some interesting sounds and samples, and it came together within a couple weeks".

"Honey"

You know I love to admit it, I’ve been sleeping sound

Ever since Cam called and let it slip that 

You’ve been losing sleep over me

And if I’m coming off bitter, blame my scorpio sun

Or maybe blame the fact that you slept around 

With somebody else on my birthday

You’re telling everyone you hate me 

So you don’t have to deal with the truth

That when you close your eyes you fantasize 

That I never left you

Maybe we should just talk

I’ll be her new best friend, start a new trend

Invite her out for tequila

To tell her you don’t deserve her

You don’t deserve her

When you’re calling me up after one too many drinks like 

I bet it stings babe

To recognize what you lost

Someone who loved all your flaws

Can you feel me when you touch her

Tastes like honey watching you unravel

Kelaska
Kelaska

Instagram: @kelaska_

Linktree: Kelaska

[Info provided by Moonlight PR]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto