News: Onism E releases "Lin Manuel"

Onism E
Onism E
"The awareness of how little of the world you will actually experience"

Being in only one place at one time can be difficult for those of us wishing to experience all the planet has to offer. Soulful indie-rockers Onism E attempt to bring it all together to share a worldly adventure with their fans. Frontwoman Eline Chavez takes her journey of being born in California, raised in Texas, and now calling New York City home, and puts it all into her emotion-fueled songwriting. Inspired by groundbreaking female rockers like Joan Jett, Bonnie Raitt, Chrissie Hynde, and Melissa Etheridge, Eline has taken this energy to new levels with the Onism E project.

To flesh out the sound, a new Texas-based trio includes guitarist Chris ‘Lefty’ Vargas, bass player Chris ‘CeeRod’ Rodriguez, and drummer Raj Arenas. Their additional energy and inspiration elevate Onism E to a new level and truly set the group apart from the masses. Engaging with Onism E is stepping into a world of compassion with arms wide open. The music breeds a connection to the listener and the warmth of the band members further ignites the relationship between fan and band. Everyone is welcome to come and take their own place in the emotionally riveting journey.

Onism E is a culmination of life experiences wrapped up in a soulful package that is carving a unique space within the indie rock world. Every live show is guaranteed to move you in more ways than one. So walk this journey with them and together we will all find the faith to keep pushing forward.   

The band describes themselves as "NYC indie rock with a hint of Texas soul" and I love it. They represent a quite unique style in the indie music world. Their music is a whole storytelling experience with an alternative rock sound: each song is a story apart that tells about life from different points of view, through the use of very powerful lyrics. The latest single released by Onism E "Lin Manuel" is no exception to this, and that is why I'm happy to share the full lyrics of it because it's worth reading!

Eline, the frontwoman of Onism E, shares about the single: "Written during the height of the pandemic, this song is about my personal journey as a musician, songwriter, and human being. It is all the ups and downs and moments of doubt. It is about how the world around me has shaped parts of who I have become and why I keep going".

"The music creates a connection to the listener. Everyone is welcomed into the Onism E tribe. No judgments. No questions. Just be you and be ready to experience all the feelings that music can provide you" - IBG

   

Lin Manuel

Sitting in the sunshine - Listening as birds fly

Praying for the rain to set me free - Whispers in the lightning

Glows in the horizon  - Oh but I still can’t see

Broken  glass and shattered ceilings - I’ve been waiting for my season

They tell me that you will one day see - But darkness comes and darkness goes

And i’m still all alone  - Here with my dreams

Suffocated and truncated  - In a world that’s often jaded 

By the world as seen on TV - I’m so short you never see me

Climbing up and barely breathing - Like tom petty 

I keep running down this dream  - Sitting on the beach sand

Grounding myself so I don’t just pretend - That I’m doing ok 

Whispers from the deep end - The moon shines and reflects

Every doubt we try to drown in it you see - I’m finding strength in embers 

Glowing sparks of regret and anger - I’m terrified of who you might see

I’m hopeful though it may not sound it - I’m just tired of all the sadness 

This crazy world has shaken me - Exorcised and compromised

By a world that too often decides  - If you will  love or hate me

Lin Manuel reminded me that freedom - Comes at a cost for those who believe in 

But I’m so scared of failing I rarely sleep - And we’re all just working for 

Better days, better days - But sometimes I want to scream

Onism E
Onism E

Instagram: @onism_e

Linktree: Onism E


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto