News: Kenny Potter releases "SMTH LIKE THIS"

Kenny Potter
Kenny Potter

Kenny Potter is a 15-year-old singer-songwriter and producer based in Pittsburgh, PA. Despite of his young age, he has gained great numbers on TikTok and Spotify. It all began when six-year-old Potter first learned eight chords on his brand new electric guitar he received for Christmas. Ever since he learned those eight chords his passion for music began. 

He found that expressing his thoughts and feelings through song is the best way he could. The realization that music is not something to be kept for yourself but shared with others is a beaming inspiration for him. With his music, he hopes to encourage others to shamelessly express themselves with everyone around them, just as he does. His ear-grabbing melody and lyrical hooks are influenced by many of his favorite artists today including Lauv, The 1975, and Christian French.

In March 2022 Kenny released “those days”: he wrote this song about the feeling of being a little kid, missing the time where he didn’t have to deal with many responsibilities. With the lyrics he questions where all the times went when we were able to fully be ourselves with no care in the world, a feeling that many relate to.

His latest release is "SMTH LIKE THIS" that came out on May 20th. The lalent of this very young musician is truly impressive, his new song sounds fresh and catchy, a real pleasure to listen to! Beautiful voice and well produced music melt in a product that sounds perfect also for the radio. I can't wait to hear more from him in the future, and I can't help but wish him the best for his music career that has started in such a bright way!

"SMTH LIKE THIS" is a song that recreates the euphoric feeling of falling in love with someone. Kenny wrote this song about someone who had recently come into his life. Much like many people his age and other songwriters out in the world it's hard to just express those feelings as words by themselves, so he put all the words he needed into this song.

He says: "SMTH LIKE THIS is the result of me trying to find the most fun way of explaining the feeling of falling in love. All of the production and writing has this colorful perspective that gives the track life, just like that in love feeling".

"SMTH LIKE THIS" I think I'm feeling something in my chest When you're just walking cross the room You can see that I'm always trying my best To not be like the other dudes Oh I've been falling in love With your little details You are the only smoke

That I'd inhale Every time I'm feeling right I know it's easier with you 'Cause I have never felt Something like this You can't be another girl That I missed I hope that we can talk about The days we were kids And I don't know much but I have never felt it like this Something like this [...]


Kenny Potter
Kenny Potter

Instagram: @kennypottermusic

Spotify: Kenny Potter

Website: kpottersongs.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto