News: Ben Selleck releases "Mayday Call"

Ben Selleck
Ben Selleck is a singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist from Essex. Vocally inspired by the soul legends of yesterday, Al Green and Marvin Gaye and lyrically inspired by the the likes of The Eagles, James Taylor, and Brothers Osborne,  Ben has always had a love of music and lockdown has rekindled his love of songwriting, specifically within the country music scene.

He says "The country genre has always been close to my heart and the UK scene, particularly during this pandemic, has inspired me creatively like never before. It led me to write an album worth of simple songs that tell stories about my life in ways I could never have portrayed as a younger man".

Despite only releasing his debut single "Different Sides" in 2021, Ben’s audience - and his music - have skyrocketed! In under a year, the singer-songwriter has already released a #1 UK iTunes Single, been nominated for a number of awards and took home Newcomer of the Year at the UK Country Music Spotlight Awards.

In my journey discovering new european country artists, Ben Selleck is really one of my favorites. His country music has definitely something UK in it, making it unique to my ears - a delightful discover - always fresh, catchy, that never fails to put me in a good mood! I highly suggest you to give a listen to his previous releases as well, especially Soul Food and Different Sides (Of The Same Coin)

"Mayday Call" is co-written with fellow Essex-based songwriter Tara Henton. The single represents a rockier side to Ben's sound and is one of his favourites to play live. About the inspiration behind the brand new single, he says: "Mayday Call" came from someone taking their partner for granted - picking up the phone and wondering whether it really is all over this time. From its acoustic creation, to its rewrites with the super talented Tara Henton, and to the addition of guitar solos, it's given me  surprises every step of the way. My absolute favourite part is the guitar solo. Not only does my producer & guitarist (Adam Wright) really pull out the stops for a wonderful melodic solo, but I love the unconventional bass line too (played by Paul Beddow)".

Mayday Call

I'm such a stubborn man, I could convince myself

I could've waved the flag, when your limit got too close

You won't pick up the phone, I'm in a tailspin

Losing everything, you've gone and left me in the cold.

I've been so blind I never thought they you would say goodbye

And in the blink of an eye you're gone, out of my life

Well I left it just a little too long to pull the nose up out of this dive

Did you call my name tell me who's to blame

Did he rescue you from the fumes and the flames of my fall

This is my mayday call

We never talked about, what's really going on

I know you fly to him, guess I've known it all along

I wish that I could turn this all around and make things right

In the blink of an eye you're gone, out of my life

Well I left it just a little too long to pull the nose up out of this dive

Did he call your name tell me who's to blame

Did he rescue you from the fumes and the flames of my fall

This is my mayday call

Ben Selleck

Instagram: @benselleckmusic

Linktree: Ben Selleck

[Info provided by Scarlet River PR]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto