News: Lee Autumn debuts in the indie music scene with "Running away" and "Save You"

Lee Autumn

Born and raised on the sunny coast of Durban (South Africa), Lee spent most of his days outdoors. He loved singing, even when he was in class supposed to be learning, he would often find himself at the back of the classroom, singing with friends to Boys 2 Men harmonizing while they practice for any talent show that would come their way. He grew up listening to all genres of music, from Michael Jackson to The Foo Fighters, if it had a great beat or it lyrically had meaning behind the song, he was into it. Music has always been his passion: he attended piano lessons as a young boy, which gave him great grounding on how music can be intercepted and how meaningful a note can sound. However, he just felt at the time it wasn't "cool enough" attending piano lessons while his friends were outside skateboarding and riding bikes. Twelve years later, he decided to pick up his fathers guitar and teach himself how to play. He started playing songs that he knew the lyrics to and enjoyed listening to as a kid. He caught on quick and played cover songs and made them on his own. He eventually started writing his own music and have recently debuted releasing two singles: "Running Away" and "Save You".

When I heard his music for the first time I suddenly noticed how catchy his songs sound, showing a great talent in mixing up melody, rhythm and voice, so that I was surprised when I realized that they were his first releases. I think they also sound perfect for the Radio so I hope they will make their way through the magic world of radio playing. If these are the results at the start of his songwriting journey, Lee Autumn has certainly a lot of potential for the future and we can't wait to hear more!

About "Running Away", Lee says: "This song is based on a break up between a couple who have been together for a long time and now she decides she has had enough and wants to move on. After everything they have been through, all the ups and downs, she still wants to leave. He is distraught about this, after he has devoted his life to her. Yet she still wants to move on with her own life and leave him. He realizes that he can't persuade her to stay and understands he needs to move on too.

About "Save You", Lee says: "Based on a relationship between a couple, he can tell something isn’t right and that she is hiding something from him, yet she is denying it all. He tries to get it out of her but she pushes it aside. He has heard rumors that she has been seeing someone else and once he finds out its true, his mind is all over the place and can't believe that its happened. He then sees her with the guy. That’s where the 'who's gonna save you' comes in, as if to say don’t come back to me when you need me, 'who's going to save you when it goes wrong and you want to come back, because you aren’t coming back to me! I wont be there".

Save You

I said I wanna know

You say just let it go

So why can't you tell me

I feel it in my bones

It's so sad I need to know

So why you wanna leave me hanging on

Who's gonna save you tonight

If time is all you waiting for

I'll tell you now you gonna fall

Believe in my baby

Your holding back not letting go

If it's someone else I need to know

So why you leaving me hanging on

I'm tying to forget it

Move on with my life

Your lying ain't helping

It ain't worth the fight

Who's gonna save you tonight

I'm looking back to what they told me

This life we living got me so damn messed up

I'm never knowing if its lie's are honesty

Im fight hard not to lose my modesty

So tell me when you need me

Who's gonna be the one who saves you tonight

This life's a state of mercy

So tell me what I gotta know

Who's gonna save you tonight

Lee Autumn

Instagram: @leeautumnmusic

LinkTree: Lee Autumn

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

How can music help and inspire a writer, producer and Disney editor? A conversation with David Acuff

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

German-based artist M. Byrd releases ethereal new single "Only a Feeling"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"