News: N A E releases "bored of me 2!"

 N A E

From the city of Baltimore, also known as Charm City, comes a new “charming” sensation; N A E. This 23-year-old singer, songwriter and producer were introduced to the world of music and songwriting at the small age of 5 when she got her first guitar and piano from her grandmother. The RnB songster turned to seriously writing music during her middle school years and went on to produce music in high school. The music this artist brings into the mix is Alternative and Indie RnB, N A E wants to be able to produce music for the moments of magic in peoples’ lives. Having her music brings out feelings of something familiar while tugging on something that feels new. 

After "12 Rounds" (a collaboration with Plant Dad released in end 2021) and "she don't" (released back in January 2022), N A E released her latest single "bored of me 2!" on February 25th. In this tune, her sweet voice harmonizes perfectly with the instrumental melody based on a gently played guitar. If you listen to it with your eyes closed, it will definitely make you feel like watching the hills and moving landscape pass by (and, indeed, this song was written in a car).

About the song, N A E says: "I wrote this song after a really great date that I didn't want to end (even though I did make a complete fool out of myself multiple times). I was connecting with this person on every level and the funny thing is the date lasted for like 9 hours and then I drove back home for another hour just smiling the whole time. I really didn't want the date to end or go back home but the next day I had work and I knew friends and family would freak out if I had just stayed in another state randomly so I did the responsible thing and went back home. But as I was driving home something was like "this isn't going to last" and it had nothing to do with the distance it had everything to do with I knew the person I saw was going to get bored of me, or at least that's my biggest fear is that whoever I'm in a relationship they'll get bored of me easily because I feel like I don't have enough layers to offer people. I'm very upfront with who I am and what I enjoy. Even though people say I'm mysterious I think it's just that I'm guarded and that's what the song is about this feeling of being boring and guarded because I even get tired of myself too sometimes like do something new god, be interesting! haha But back to the song, I wrote in my car which is where I write most of my songs now because I just feel safe in there and most of my favorite memories are in that car or I drove to and from them in my car. My producer and I really wanted to keep it simple so we just really have a guitar, synth, and my vocals in it. Towards the end we add some drums and bass to add dramatics and this tension feeling of release once you realize that the true feeling of fear you have is based on pushing for a relationship before its time and just only hurting yourself in the process because you're scared of losing people. My favorite part of the song though is that there's this light airy effect throughout the entire song that feels like an euphoric moment after a great date and I love how it causes tension between the guitar and lyrics".

I recommend you to visit N A E Spotify as well, she also has great numbers there - I think that this young and very talented singer and songwriter still have a lot to say to the world, and we're ready to listen!!

Instagram: @iamnae.wav

Links: N A E

 N A E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

How can music help and inspire a writer, producer and Disney editor? A conversation with David Acuff

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

German-based artist M. Byrd releases ethereal new single "Only a Feeling"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"