News: Broadtree releases "Inevitable"

 Broadtree

Broadtree is a pop-country duo consisting of singer-songwriters Armand Antony & Nicole McCafferty. They have created a unique blend of stylized storytelling over a bed of catchy pop country with subject matter that often breaks the norms of the genre. The duo also openly supports several causes, speaking out about racial equality, Canadian First Nations rights, the  LGBTQ+ community, while keeping an open line of contact for anyone looking to learn or talk  about mental health and illness.

In 2021, Broadtree released a lot of new awesome music. Among all, I'd like to mention the album "Feeling Bad. Feeling Better", written in the midst of the COVID pandemic. While experiencing the loss of the industry they live and breathe, having their mental health strongly challenged, and having their relationships with others and themselves tested over the past year, the pair have found solace in songs about finding hope in the most dire of situations. "Feeling Bad. Feeling Better" is a statement about getting through the unknown, discovering who you are in this strange new world, and starting over for the better. 

On February 18th, Broadtree released their latest single: "Inevitable". Although the meaning of the song might be melancholic and heartbreaking, the couple is always able to convey slight, positive vibes that you can feel among their voices, like a sort of feeling of hope and light that pervade all their releases and characterizes their sound. With their signature charisma and chemistry, whether performing as an acoustic duo or with their full band, Broadtree delivers a unique, high-energy, and heartfelt set that will have you cheering, dancing and singing along!

About "Inevitable", Armand and Nicole say: "Two lifelong friends, share a special bond, one that others will never experience or understand. But in an instant, everything can change. How does one explain a feeling they know they shouldn’t feel? How does one express a passion that they know will end in heartbreak? Can a lifetime of companionship survive a romance that will never be? "Inevitable" explores curiosity, love, the heartbreak of realizing that what feels meant to be may become nothing more than a "what if?", and the unavoidable change it brings to a friendship that once seemed impossible to damage".

"Inevitable"

I can tell you anything
You’ve told me that for years
I know all your secrets
You know all my fears
But some things are off limits
Some things that I can’t tell
They call it falling slowly
I call it something else

Can I stay beside you?
Will it ever be enough?
Can I play the sidekick?
Or will you call my bluff?

And you don’t know that I know
And I don’t know what to do
Do I dare to ask the question
When there’s just too much to lose
Can we press pause on this scene change
Or just watch it in slow mo
As we inch towards an ending
That we’re both afraid to know

But it’s inevitable
It’s inevitable

I can tell you anything
I almost always do you
We know the perfect words to say
To pull each other through
But this time I’m at a loss
I can’t help what I can’t feel
If these words were spoken
Could we find a way to heal?

I can’t be the answer
Can’t be the one you need
I could leave things as they are
But it hurts to watch you bleed

[Chorus]

Did I miss the mark
Is there nothing that you’ve seen
In another time and place
Maybe we could have been
Teach me how to live with this
Or just let me go
I can’t give my heart to you
But I still love you so

Everything feels different
There’s nobody to blame
If we let truth come between us
Will things ever be the same

[Chorus]

Broadtree

“Broadtree truly allows their audience to feel lost in their impeccable storytelling and relatable concepts” - Buzz Music

“Lighthearted, upbeat, and imagery-filled...expertly detailed in the songwriting, set it to a theatre-esque soundtrack” - We Write About Music

“Upbeat and pacy with exciting Americana undertones and brilliant country melodies” - The Playlist Podcast

“Refreshing and vibrant” - The Sounds Won’t Stop

Instagram: @broadtreemusic

Linktree: Broadtree

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

How can music help and inspire a writer, producer and Disney editor? A conversation with David Acuff

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

German-based artist M. Byrd releases ethereal new single "Only a Feeling"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"