News: Meghan Pulles releases old-fashioned Christmas EP "Christmas Nostalgia"

Meghan Pulles

Meghan Pulles has been writing songs since the age of 17. She is a classically trained opera singer turned singer-songwriter. She believes that music is medicine, and that by sharing her pain and struggles through song that she can empower others to do the same. 

Meghan coined the term "emo-positive" for her music because she doesn't want to be put in a box but her vibes can be in the indie folk/pop realm. She wants her listeners to get healing from her music, and to know that they aren't alone in their own struggles. The New Yorker has touched fans across the globe with her music, taking her listeners on a cathartic journey of mental and emotional healing and wellness.

Last spring Meghan released a beautiful hymn to hope during pandemic, "New Horizon", and she is currently at work on her debut album about healing through emotional abuse, planning to be releasing in 2022 and working with producer Harper James who is known for his indie band Eighty Ninety. In the meantime, she just released an old-fashioned Christmas album, "Christmas Nostalgia", that I had the honor to listen to in advance. The EP is composed by 4 songs: the joyful and catchy "Come out and play" will push you to sing and dance with her, while the more introspective ballads "Three Christmases", "My Christmas Escape" and "River" will make you feel cosy, getting lost in the beautiful harmonies of her voice.

Christmas is coming earlier this year with Meghan's Christmas songs! I'm sure you'll enjoy the listen as much as I did!

My favorite track of the album is "My Christmas Escape". Meghan Pulles says: "My Christmas Escape was written in the pandemic holiday of 2020. My co-writer Sabrina and I wanted to write a song to pay homage to those people who wish that everyday could be Christmas, and how those feelings of joy, wonder, hope and magic can carry with them into their entire lives. We imagined this magical trip which included a snowglobe of Christmas memories, and pure nostalgia. We are very proud of this one and we want the listener to feel transported on a magical, mystical journey of all of  the feelings that Christmas evokes, and I think this song does a great job with that"

"MY CHRISTMAS ESCAPE"

The world is grey and colder this December
Alone in the snow
But through the looking glass of Christmas memories
My heart fills with hope
In a snowglobe safe and warm
I can hideaway
Magic, wonder, lights aglow
For this holiday
Cause every night
I wish I could stay
Inside My Christmas Escape
Frosted windows, candycanes
Presents by the tree
Lovers under mistletoe
Friends and family
Oh, every night
I wish I could stay
Inside My Christmas Escape
A journey with my ghost
My favorite part
I found that joy that I lost
In the snowglobe of my heart
Oh, every night
I wish I could stay
Inside My Christmas Escape
Oh, every night
I wish I could stay
Inside My Christmas
Inside My Christmas
Inside My Christmas Escape 

Christmas Nostalgia Meghan Pulles

Instagram: @meghanpulles

Facebook: @megpulles

Spotify: Meghan Pulles

Soundcloud: Meghan Pulles

Website: www.meghanpulles.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

How can music help and inspire a writer, producer and Disney editor? A conversation with David Acuff

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

German-based artist M. Byrd releases ethereal new single "Only a Feeling"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"