International Indie Music: my favorite December 2021 releases

Enjoy my favorite picks from Indie Music world released in December 2021, in chronological order, plus a couple of bonus from November 2021!

"SMALL TALK" - Brett Altman - New York, Usa (released Dec 10th)

Brett Altman says: "If this song changes your opinion on the concept of small talk, even just temporarily, I’ll chalk it up as a win. Happy listening and happy chatting!!" Brett's new release is very catchy and will move your day to a good mood!

Instagram: @brettaltmanmusic

"BENEATH REALITY" - Jeff Petescia - New York, Usa (released Dec 10th)

Jeff Petescia says: "This batch of solo songs was recorded over twoish days summer 2020 in Jersey City with good pals and features two songs I’ve already released as singles plus a few new ones from the same sessions. Some of the songs were written during the early 2020 stay-at-home time, and two are ten years old that I finally decided to record. I tend to record music and then sit on it for an unnecessarily long amount of time until randomly deciding to release it - putting out music is always both exciting and terrifying, but I hope you enjoy these as much as I enjoyed creating them".

Instagram: @jeffpetescia

"A LITTLE OF BOTH" - Scott Krokoff - New York, Usa (released Dec 20th)

Scott Krokoff says: "We celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas in our household and A Little Of Both pretty much shows how we do that!". I really enjoyed the last release of 2021 of Scott, and drawing the cover artwork has been so fun. I'm sure you will enjoy this very joyful and happy Holiday song!

Instagram: @scottkrokoffmusic

"MORE THAN JUST A WORD (Remix)" - Indra Bahia & Kuip - Berlin, Germany (released Dec 31th)

Indra Bahia says: "Is it about getting naked? And taking off our (metaphorical) masks? What is love really? My friend and Berlin electronic producer @Kuip was inspired to take my song "More than just a Word" to the next level and make a remix out of it! Originally it was released as Song #8 on my second album "Closer to the Ocean" (2021). Now everyone can dance to it and celebrate their own new year revolution!".

Instagram: @indra.bahia

BONUS FROM NOVEMBER 2021:

"I DON'T WANNA SMILE" - Rocco of the Snow - New York, Usa (released Nov 5th)

Rocco says: "A lot has been going on the past few months and I’m attempting to see the upcoming changes as positive. This song was an attempt to do that too. I was walking around on a bright sunny day that under “normal” circumstances would’ve been wonderful, but I just didn’t feel right, didn’t feel happy. Hence the sunny music in contrast with the cloudy disposition. I hope you relate to it and find some comfort in knowing that’s a perfectly reasonable feeling to have, especially given our past few years".

Instagram: @roccoofthesnow

 

"PAPER BOAT" - Sudeep Anand - India (released Nov 10th)

The indian songwriter Sudeep Anand wrote and composed this song about childhood memories and released the video on YouTube in early November. When I saw it, although I can't understand Hindi, I suddenly felt the good vibes of the video. Sudeep says: "It is about travel back in time and relive your childhood with this nostalgic song that will touch the strings of your heart".

Instagram: @sudeep.anand

I hope you enjoyed all these beautiful releases as much as I did, I'm very curious to discover my favorites of January!! Happy New Year everybody!!

Follow me: @laurameetsmusicians

Join my mailing list by sending me a DM/e-mail to stay updated monthly on my latest posts!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto