International Indie Music: my favorite November 2021 releases

Enjoy my favorite picks from Indie Music world released in November 2021! (In chronological order) I'm so glad that this time there is even a little bit of my Italy among them!

"BLACK AND WHITE" - Emmy Law - Nashville, Usa (released Nov 4th)

As Emmy Law says, this song is for when "you fall for someone who is completely wonderful, but also completely terrible for you, and yeah it freaking sucks". It's a beautiful example of indie pop and I honestly can't stop listening to it!

Instagram: @emmylawmusic

"FOR ME" - Lost Identities & Rob Roth - Italy & Usa (released Nov 4th) 

Rob Roth says "I’m so excited everyone can listen to this track that I’ve had on repeat for months now. This song is so important to me as it represents my story of coming out of a dark place and finding music as my passion that pulled me out". This single had 17K streams in the first week after the release!

Instagram: @lostidentitiesmusic @robrothmusic

"NEED YOUR LOVE" - MammaBear - Atlanta, Usa (released Nov 4th)

MammaBear says "Need your love is about a holiday away from our day to day life. It’s about landing somewhere exotic and not coming home" and I think it's a pretty good description of how this music makes me feel!

Instagram: @mammabearmusic

"2 DOLLARS" - Nick Isham - Los Angeles, Usa (released Nov 12th)

Nick Isham says "Have you ever had something so small, like 2 dollars, change your entire life? I wrote this song late last year with two good friends of mine and amazing writers, Gabby Patrice and Adam Sickler. We were thinking about how little things in our lives can create such a big ripple effect, and that’s what we wanted to capture with this song. After living with it for about a year, I am so happy to finally share this song with you all! I hope you can relate and maybe think about and hopefully be thankful for whatever your own ‘2 Dollars’ is in your life!"

Instagram: @iamnickisham

"SHEHER" - Saurabh Tripathi & Akshit Dhall - Pune, India (released Nov 19th)

Sheher is a beautiful song in Hindi (Sheher means City). It's an indie-pop travel song that has a very hummable composition, about people who like to travel from one city to another without planning much. This song was written in collaboration with Saurabh Tripathi: with the lyrics, Saurabh is trying to encourage the listener to explore more. Not just with cities and places, but looking at the bigger picture that is life.

Instagram: @saurrabhtripathii @akshit_dhall

"SOMETHING MORE" - Dark Intensity & Feyer - Usa (released Nov 19th)

NYC-based Feyer and Orange County-based Dark Intensity have teamed up to bring to a new collaboration titled "Something More". Dark Intensity produced the instrumental and Feyer sang the lyrics over it. Made with the magic of technology, both artists were able to make a track without setting foot in a studio in person; the collab was done entirely remotely, spanning different time zones and both coasts of the country. Dark Intensity describes the process as so: "Sometimes a project starts off a certain way in its own style and vibe and ends up being a totally different type of banger. Throughout the process of back and forth collaborating, ideas become modified and melded together to become something really interesting. This was a really fun experience watching this track transform from a simple concept to a catchy tune".

Instagram: @darkintensity @feyermusic

"I DRANK THE COOKING WINE" - Lisa Gentile - Nashville, Usa (released Nov 26th)

As Lisa Gentile says, "It’s a satirical twist on the classic country drinking song — my tale of admission to settling for less and making the best of it with a little help from my friends Marsala and Sherry". This song is a beautiful example of indie country and I loved it from the first time I heard it (you guys know that I have a thing for country music!).

Instagram: @lisagentilemusic 

I hope you enjoyed all those beautiful releases as much as I did, I'm very curious to discover my favorites of December!!

Follow me: @laurameetsmusicians

Join my mailing list by sending me a DM/e-mail to stay updated monthly on my latest posts!!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

How can music help and inspire a writer, producer and Disney editor? A conversation with David Acuff

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

German-based artist M. Byrd releases ethereal new single "Only a Feeling"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"