International Indie Music: my favorite October 2021 releases

Enjoy my favorite picks from Indie Music world released in October 2021! (In chronological order)

"LEFT THE CITY FOR THE MOUNTAINS" - Robin Winther feat. Viktoria Janmicks - Stockolm, Sweden (released Oct 1st)

Robin says: "Left the City for the Mountains is my second release with lyrics written by my father. It tells the story about leaving bad times behind to go search for your own path. Something that a lot of people dream to do. It’s a duet featuring musical artist and singer Viktoria Janmicks. I produced it myself in my studio in Stockholm and there are some amazing musicians playing on the track, such as a guitar solo by renowned David Henriksson"

Instagram: @robinwintherofficial 

 

"MOVING ON" - Dany Horovitz - Toronto, Canada (released Oct 15th)

Dany says: "My first single is called "Moving On" and it's an upbeat folk-pub song about the moment you realize you’re no longer heartbroken. We all focus so much on the heartbreak of a breakup, but one day a little while after I broke up with someone I realized I was feeling so great and had to write it down, capture that feeling in a song. So that's the story, and I hope it resonates. Some lyrics to consider: "And all my haunting memories they do not mean a thing to me, they've faded and I know I lost my marbles": that's the main theme of the song, I know that I was acting depressed but I feel great now" .

Instagram: @danyhorovitz

 

"NAÏVE - THE FAIRYFOLK VERSION" - Petra Jasmiina - New York, Usa (released Oct 22th)

After the original "Naïve", and the second "Naïve: the daydream version", this talented songwriter from Finland released the third "Naïve: the fairyfolk version" and it seems we can't get enough of these little sisters of Naïve! She says: "I've been absolutely thrilled to see how much you've enjoyed the alternative versions of Naïve. It felt like somewhat risky move to release them - and now I'm so glad I did. Not only have you listened to them nearly as much as the original, somve of you have said the acoustic, more subtle versions of the song are, in fact, your favourites!". 

Petra Jasmiina is going to release the fourth "Pandora version" of Naïve on Nov 5th (pre-save link in her Instagram bio).

Instagram: @petrajasmiina

 

"I KNOW I KNOW NOTHING" - Ian Bamberger - New York, Usa (released October 29th) 

Ian says: "Biggest thank you to my wonderful wife Kate for lending her vocals to “I Know I Know Nothing” as well as the rest of the album. This song and album marks a new chapter in my musical career and I look forward to sharing it with you all!"

Instagram: @ian_bamberger_music 

 

"SAVE A BARSTOOL FOR ME" - Jaimey Hamilton - Victoria, Canada (released October 29th)

Jaimey wrote this song in memory of her Grandpa. This is a heartfelt country song providing listeners with a sense of reflection and comfort around the loss of a loved one.

Instagram: @jaimeyhamilton 

  

"SPOOKY" - A cover by Jessie Wagner and Scott Martin - New York, Usa (released on YouTube Oct 31th)

For Halloween this year, a very special cover of Dusty Springfield’s “Spooky” by the super talented guitarist Scott Martin and the most excellent Jessie Wagner! They say: "We had a blast filming this one over in Forest Hills Park in Queens. Enjoy and a very Happy (and spooky) Halloween to you all!!"

Instagram: @jessie_wagner  @scottccmartin

I hope you enjoyed all those beautiful releases as much as I did, I'm very curious to discover my favorites of November!!

Follow me: @laurameetsmusicians

Join my mailing list by sending me a DM/e-mail to stay updated monthly on my latest posts!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

How can music help and inspire a writer, producer and Disney editor? A conversation with David Acuff

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

German-based artist M. Byrd releases ethereal new single "Only a Feeling"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"