News: Arielle Eden releases "Red Flags"

Arielle Eden - Red Flags
Photo Credit: Jeff Mondlock (Mondlock Moments Media) - Artwork: Ian Branch Design

NYC-based singer-songwriter Arielle Eden is a sensitive and sassy pop-country artist whose songs have the ability to feel uplifting even when they’re revealing hard truths. Her singular musicality bursts with bold vulnerability, well-crafted stories, clever hooks, and instantly-memorable songcraft. Arielle’s songs live in that infectious intersection of pop, country, Americana, and folk, and she has garnered favorable comparisons to Leann Rimes and early Taylor Swift.

"Songwriting helps me find peace at the center of understanding life - even when the dynamics are challenging", shares NYC-based singer-songwriter Arielle Eden. She continues: "When I write lyrics, I like to be playful with little nudges and winks to connect - I can't be the only one who wonders if her therapist is fed up with them".

Today, Arielle is embracing a fresh era of musical self-discovery working between New York and Nashville, writing and co-writing with a bevy of producers, songwriters, and musicians. The first taste of her epiphanic new sound is the harmony-lavished pop-country single, "Signs and Signals", out March 25th. The track was co-written and produced by hit songwriter and Grammy-nominated producer Forest Glen Whitehead (Kelsea Ballerini, Mickey Guyton, Brandy Clark). "Signs and Signals" will be the title track of Arielle’s upcoming EP to be released soon. 

Arielle is currently experiencing a creative rebirth through exploring Nashville’s vibrant music community. Initially, she sought out Music City to sharpen her songwriting chops through classes and workshops. While engaging with the community, Arielle has seen her aesthetic ideals reflected, and been able to make intuitive connections with producers, other songwriters, and musicians. Her affinity for sharp hooks, storyteller lyrics, and clever wordsmithing is perfectly suited to Nashville songcraft. "I wish someone told me to go to Nashville right after college", she says with an easy laugh. "I feel people there understand exactly what I want to do - it has been validating and I feel seen".

Her milestone upcoming release, the Signs and Signals EP, explores an ill-fated romance from a variety of careless and carefree emotional perspectives. "This EP is about missing signs that would have been good for you to see; seeing some clearly; ignoring others because you don’t want to believe them; and, sometimes, being mixed up about your own internal signs because of dramatically conflicting memories", she says. "The heart wants what it wants, and, in this case, sees what it wants". Throughout the EP, Arielle cleverly employs metaphor and playful phrasing to reveal challenging realities.

The single that I'd like to present today is "Red Flags", Arielle's latest release. Arielle's music is always characterized by high quality production and her very recognizable smooth voice, and this tune in particular hit my attention for the theme and the lyric. Arielle had the ability to put the topic of red flags on an intimate level, showing vulnerability and describing perfectly our feelings when we realize we could see them but we didn't want to. Arielle's authenticity in writing and singing is the reason I've always been her fan since the first time I met her more than one year ago, and I'm sure that if you'll check her music you'll agree with me!

The track "Red Flags" boasts a seductive conversational lead vocal approach, a sumptuous arrangement of harmony vocals, and a pop-country track bed replete with acoustic guitars, pedal steel guitar swells, and ethereal textures. Lyrically, Arielle is in fine form here with lyric barbs smoothly offset by the sweet rhythmic flow of her vocals. One choice passage reads: Paid no attention to the way you talked/About your exes it was all their fault/All of them were crazy codependent lazy. 

Arielle’s story in music is one of second chances. "I think I had a lot of limiting beliefs about what was possible", she shares. These days she’s artistically empowered, capable of tracking her own vocals, co-writing, and writing pop gems for herself and others. Now, the finish line keeps moving for Arielle as she amasses songs for other projects, and strategizes live shows and live streams. "Doing what I love is the big win here", she says. "Sometimes we get too mired in the outcome, but the real satisfaction comes from the journey".

"Red Flags"

Finally figured out where we went wrong

Had to go back to the foundation and

You told me you loved me

Before you knew me

And I didn’t wanna let that go cause

It felt so unconditional

But I knew it was shaky

You loving the fake me

Now I see that

All of the red flags were flying were flying

And all my better judgment denying denying

Cause my heart was hungry to believe 

Someone could fall that hard and fast for me

I shoulda read flags

Paid no attention to the way you talked

About your exes it was all their fault

All of them were crazy codependent lazy

And I’m ashamed but I have to admit

I thought that we could be a better fit

Convinced that I was different 

Guess I should have listened

Now I see

Next time I’ll know better I won’t lose my senses

I’ll see what’s real and not fantasy 

Arielle Eden - Red Flags
Photo Credit: Jeff Mondlock (Mondlock Moments Media)

Instagram: @thearielleeden

Linktree: Arielle Eden

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A cozy place where like-minded souls connect: welcome to The North Café!

News: Vintz Desert releases his new EP "The Blue Journal"

Thompson Newkirk encourages us to move on in his new single "Pass Mistakes"

Going out the comfort zone with Mariano Mallia's new single "The Search For More"

Going deep into the creative process behind "City and Sand", the new album by Tony Venuto